Overview

The purpose of this blog is to inspire people to create. I'm a Pinterest addict, there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not searching for my next project. There are so many talented people out there posting awesome creations that I thought I could join in the inspiration and help others be distinctively creative.A little history on myself: I ran a home based craft business for about 6 years. At the time I sold my products to almost every US state, and countries like Japan and Iceland. One of my designs "Tulips in Spring" was published in the "Let's Paint Magazine" by Decoart and is still available online. I have taught adult education classes at several of my surrounding community colleges and high schools. I was a Girl Scout Leader for 13 years and love coming up with different weekly crafts/swaps. Currently a couple times a year I get my "craft fix" by supplying a craft at girls night/weekend, but now I would like to share my distinctive creations with you.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

I Love to Bake Cakes

Birthday, Holiday, Anniversary or Just For Fun, I love them all and when I discovered I could make my own Fondant out of Marshmallows, I was hooked!! I think it tastes so much better than anything you can buy and it is so easy to make.  I use my kitchen aide mixer and it is a snap.  Be sure to ONLY use C&H pure powdered sugar because it works.  I tried to make it with an off brand and it flopped big time.  Fondant provides the opportunity to be so creative and it can be used in so many ways and on everything!  I have tinted it and cut it out with cookie cutters, painted it with fish and shaped it into daisies and roses.

                    Flower Pot Cakes


These flower pot cakes were my first cakes using fondant and was made just for fun because I was inspired by a cake I saw online (of course mine does not look like the professional - but I still like them)  I used a dark chocolate cake (to represent the dirt) and  chocolate buttercream frosting to keep the fondant attached. 











No comments:

Post a Comment