Overview

The purpose of this blog is to inspire people to create. I'm a Pinterest addict, there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not searching for my next project. There are so many talented people out there posting awesome creations that I thought I could join in the inspiration and help others be distinctively creative.A little history on myself: I ran a home based craft business for about 6 years. At the time I sold my products to almost every US state, and countries like Japan and Iceland. One of my designs "Tulips in Spring" was published in the "Let's Paint Magazine" by Decoart and is still available online. I have taught adult education classes at several of my surrounding community colleges and high schools. I was a Girl Scout Leader for 13 years and love coming up with different weekly crafts/swaps. Currently a couple times a year I get my "craft fix" by supplying a craft at girls night/weekend, but now I would like to share my distinctive creations with you.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Duckie Baby Shower Cakes


A colleague at work ask me to make cupcakes for a baby shower and I found some inspiration online here.

Marjie helped me make all the ducks out of fondant then we frosted with light blue butter cream frosting and sprinkled with light blue edible sugar peals to represent the bubbles in the "bath water" (frosting) of these cupcakes.

The top cake was a made from scratch carrot cake with cream cheese frosting tinted light blue and piped on to look like water waves. The duck on the top is an actual rubber duck - not fondant!
This was a very fun project and I loved how the ducks all look when packaged together. They look like they are swimming together in a bubble filled tub!

No comments:

Post a Comment