Overview

The purpose of this blog is to inspire people to create. I'm a Pinterest addict, there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not searching for my next project. There are so many talented people out there posting awesome creations that I thought I could join in the inspiration and help others be distinctively creative.A little history on myself: I ran a home based craft business for about 6 years. At the time I sold my products to almost every US state, and countries like Japan and Iceland. One of my designs "Tulips in Spring" was published in the "Let's Paint Magazine" by Decoart and is still available online. I have taught adult education classes at several of my surrounding community colleges and high schools. I was a Girl Scout Leader for 13 years and love coming up with different weekly crafts/swaps. Currently a couple times a year I get my "craft fix" by supplying a craft at girls night/weekend, but now I would like to share my distinctive creations with you.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Kaleb's Cakes


Kaleb's 28th Birthday Cake

By the time Kaleb's Birthday came around this year I was very into cake pops. I wanted to create them in every size and shape. So, since Kaleb is a pilot I decided to create an airplane cake pops flying around a cake painted with clouds. The cake is covered with buttercream frosting and them painted with clear vanilla extract and food coloring. I used my cake decorating paint brushes.

Each chocolate airplane has something on the wings, such as: 28 or Kaleb
 

Kaleb's 29th Birthday Cake

This cake was made with Milk Chocolate Cake and Raspberry filling.  It was covered with chocolate frosting and garnished with fresh raspberries and whipcream.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment