Overview

The purpose of this blog is to inspire people to create. I'm a Pinterest addict, there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not searching for my next project. There are so many talented people out there posting awesome creations that I thought I could join in the inspiration and help others be distinctively creative.A little history on myself: I ran a home based craft business for about 6 years. At the time I sold my products to almost every US state, and countries like Japan and Iceland. One of my designs "Tulips in Spring" was published in the "Let's Paint Magazine" by Decoart and is still available online. I have taught adult education classes at several of my surrounding community colleges and high schools. I was a Girl Scout Leader for 13 years and love coming up with different weekly crafts/swaps. Currently a couple times a year I get my "craft fix" by supplying a craft at girls night/weekend, but now I would like to share my distinctive creations with you.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Debbie's 58th Chocolate Raspberry Birthday Cake


Adding fillings is another thing I experimented with, for Debbie's Birthday Cake I baked a Milk Chocolate cake, created a "damn" between the layers of cake with chocolate fudge frosting, then heated a jar of seedless raspberry jam in the microwave until it could be poured into my "pond" that was created on the first layer with the damn of chocolate frosting. I frosted the outside with white buttercream and decorated with fresh raspberries and dark modeling chocolate roses and a big "58" for the top.


Happy Birthday!
(Debbie with Granddaughter Mia)
 

1 comment: